Monday, 19 January 2015

Home

Hello! 

Big warm welcome to my lovely new blog buddies! Thank you for joining me here! x

I have been a busy bee and played a little over the weekend. I made a few things but tonight I'd like to show you a little mixed media artwork/picture. 

I have a secret board on Pinterest where I store some interesting photos of flowers and other fun inspirational images. I found one that really caught my eye... 

Source: Backyard Gardening

I really loved the contrast of colour and grey and decided to recreate it. When I saw it I remembered the very first home I was born into. It was an older house with a light blue door and no 81. It was my very first home! :) So here's my 'home' from the past... 





Guess how I made the door...?! My Christmas brie cheese just keeps giving... the wooden base was used to cut out the door base... this is what it looked like at first... 



...and then... 

I used heaps of Tim Holtz products... Distress Inks, crackle paints, Distress rusty EP, Liquitex light modeling paste, Daler Rowney gesso, Big Brush Pens by Faber-Castell, Katy Sue's Urns & Pots moulds with an air drying clay, flower softs, some embellies & Stix2 glitter & beads mix... this was fun!

I was so tempted to use paper flowers, cover them in Gesso and colour... and then I thought I'd try something new and stay away with the flower-cluttered makes. Not that there is something wrong with it, I really love it, but this time I fancied challenging myself a little and not use them!  

I hope you like it! I look forward to reading your thoughts ;) 

Challenges entered: 
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Something New (I used many new products I won recently, Katy Sue's products for example. Also trying to stay away from using flowers in my mixed media projects is not easy and new to me, but it is a nice change concentrating on an object... I hope it makes sense)
That's Crafty! - Tick Tock (anything related to time - my visit to the past is my interpretation)
Moo-Mania - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! I have a couple of cards to share with you over the next few days so stay tuned! Don't forget to visit my challenge blog to try your luck and win some goodies! See the side bar! ;) 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 


33 comments:

  1. Just stunning Ingrid! I love that turquoise colour it works so well with the gray x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this Ingrid, it's fabulous. Love your brie box door! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you know that my challenge is to add flowers to projects lol! Adoring your project so much, your crackle door is fantastic, everything works perfectly together and the colors and textures are sublime. Has to be one of your best makes I've ever seen and would love to see more in this style.

    Have a terrific Tuesday Lovely Ingrid :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy textural wonderment! This is why you are amazing. Every element on this work is divine... You definitely didn't need any flowers to make this piece special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous.

    Thank you so much for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project full of memories. Thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this is wonderful Ingrid!
    An amazing piece!
    xoxoxo
    Susi
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Moo Manai & More !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing, so full of texture, colour and intrigue - I want to know what is behind the door! You certainly think 'outside of the box' when looking for materials!
    Brilliant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Absolutely stunning Ingrid, the door is scrumptious, fabulous crackle and the wall and moss....I've had a really good look.....just fabulous!!! Like it oodles!! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous mixed media piece Ingrid, great reproduction of that photo, absolutely love this
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing ideas on this. Love the colour of door and the way you made it so real.

    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great image and lovely interpretation! Love the depth you have achieved on the steps particularly. Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous piece Ingrid, love how you re-created the mood of that beautiful photo. The way you did the door is so clever and all the texture and crackle is of course wonderful. I always love your flowers, but yes, sometimes we have to challenge ourselves, so well done on that one too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Ingrid! Those urns & pots make it very homey. I have been peeping in to your blog quite some time already.;) Beautiful artworks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing project and wonderful sentiment it has. Gorgeous texture, and a beautiful piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project! Love the texture and the way you created the blue door! Nice take on the beautiful old Greek door photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Ingrid, you are a mixed media genius! The amazing texture of your stone wall looks REAL, holy moly! Your door is fantastic, the crackle and the moss and wonderful aqua colour! The whole thing is just incredible and a most amazing take on the photo! I bow to the queen! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, a stunning mixed media piece, love how you made the door.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunned....this is my favourite creation made by you EVER! I LOVE it Inka,it's wonderful. That little door is sooooooooo cute and how brilliant to make your own little embellishments too. If you ever get tired of it,I'm sure I could re house it ha ha
    Big hugs
    Inky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness Ingrid, I want that to be my front door - either the one in the photo or the fabulous one you created... the colours are stunning and I really love all those Katy Sue pots too. Stunning work! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, My, Ingrid! Love this mixed media piece! The stone looks amazing as does the beautiful door. And I love that rusted key over the door! A perfect touch. the pottery looks REAL--going to have to check into those molds! This is one awesome work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word!! This is just too, too clever!!! I LOVE that door and the fun stones that you did. A lovely piece of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... this is such a stunning creation, Ingrid. Every detail you created is gorgeous! Love the great inspiration and story. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing Ingrid. I love your intrepetation of the gorgeous photo. Thanks for showing the door before you started adding products to create an amazing piece of art on it's own! You are so very talented! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous! I love the upcycled door and how you made it look so weathered. Great project! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love your stunning take on the photo... the weathered crackle on your door is wonderful combined with that vivid blue, and I love the flower pots and urns tumbling down the steps. I'm really glad you resisted lots of flowers - I think it works brilliantly as it is.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE, love, love this project!! I want the front door you created on my house - the crackle and the rust accents are just perfect! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow, ingrid!! i LOVE how that photo inspired your project... and i LOVE how the project turned out! really gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi...looks like am a little late! Congrats on being top5 at MMMC..tjis is just outstanding, dear. Loved the way you have taken inspiration from the pic. The textures are fab and there a mystery around here...would love to know what's on the other side! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations - this is a stunning piece! LOVE your wall, and the door and pots are perfect! So glad I found you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow wow.. this is absolutely brilliant and gorgeous :) I love everything about this wonderful project ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh superb! I love those pots and the way you put the door and steps together. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.