Friday, 7 November 2014

Twelve Tags of Christmas: My Winter Wonderland Tag


Hello friends!

Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas event is well on the way and you have seen some amazing creations from my fellow guest designers and today is my turn to share my creation that I made for this special event!

Loll will share her and my tag on her gorgeous blog Stamping with Loll where you can also find links to the previous tags.

I thought to myself, a special occasion deserves a special crafty make so I really took some time to create this tag and I hope you will appreciate all details...













What do you think? :) 

There are so many elements to this mixed media wintery tag that I don't know where to start. I don't want this to be a super long post so I'm going to keep it short and sweet and just point out a few techniques used... 

I dry embossed with a Sizzix folder, coated with white gesso, colourised the background with Big Brush pens on a craft sheet spritzed with water, sanded down to reveal the embossed design, stamped & heat embossed with WOW! white powder, then sprinkled with more Silver Pearl Wow! embossing powder around the dry embossed deisgn, added some glitter to it...The tag itself is layered with another white tag and some white tulle. 

I dry embossed some metal, painted with gesso, colorised it, sanded it down, all brads were silver heat embossed and dipped in some silver glitter... 

The poinsettia is made of a double sided sticky sheet attached to a white cardstock on one side, cut out my poinsettia layers (my own design), added various glitters from ultra-fine iridescent, grey, black and thicker silver one, pearls, feathers, more tulle, dic cuts sponged using my Pumice Stone Distress Ink... 

The wooden hanging frame was covered in Pumice Stone ink then in my white Crackle Paint (Tim Holtz), decorated with die cuts treated the same way as on the tag, attached using some wire... 

The last hanging element is a slightly flattened bottle cap, covered in the crackle paint, filled with silver glitter and silver stars and made into a fun shaker element using a piece of an acetate sheet. How fun is that?! :) 

The whole tag including the elements were touched up with some crackle paint and gesso here and there for a more wintery look... 

I had a great fun making this tag! I hope you like it!:) 

Challenges entered:
Wow! Embossing Powders - Nov challenge - Mixed Media
We Do Doobadoo UK - Enhance Those Die Cuts
Virginia's View Challenge - Metalics (brads, metal sheet sentiment, metal wire, glittery flower, my bottle cap shaker element filled with silver glitter and stars... plenty of metalic :))
Crafty Creations Challenge Blog - Brads, Buttons & Bows
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - Good ol' days (I came to the UK when I was 20, I was born in the mountains of Slovakia and grew up in the Czech Rep where winters are tough, but gorgeous! Heaps of snow, icicles, frozen lakes, sparkle all around...especially if you step out into the countryside... a real winter wonderland!)

That's all for today! Thank you very much for stopping by! I hope you can join Loll's event! You can win a $40 STAMPlorations voucher so go for it!!! Besides, it will get you into the Christmas spirit for sure! It's definitely working for me :) 



Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 


40 comments:

  1. STUNNING tag Ingrid! I practically fell on the floor when I first saw this. So many gorgeous elements, that all come together to be one piece of beautiful art! I love EVERYTHING about this tag! Thank you so much for being a guest designer for my tag event ... you are amazing! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so beautiful Ingrid. You have captured the wintery feel really good. .lots of detailing. Loved it totally. Hope you are keeping health now. Good to see you crafting. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter wonderland right before your very eyes Ingrid. Your thoughts of 'home' have helped create something sensational, the layers are amazing and i love the embossing folder with the Merry Christmas :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is loads to appreciate!! What a stunning tag Ingrid.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a work of art, Ingrid! Love the embossed sentiment, the glittery poinsettia, - well, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning is not enough...gorgeous, amazing, creative, mixed media at its best, and much more. A real WOW tag Ingrid. I will be back to check out more of your blog and be totally inspired. TFS your talents. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so wonderful! I would love to have your talent! Thanks for all the explanations - I'll definitely try some of your techniques. Love the colours, love the little star shaker, love the sparkly poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning creation, LOVE this Ingrid! The colours and all the elements, an exquisite, charming creation. Thanks for the steps, will be coming back a few times. Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautifull tag, it's really something special !
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
    Hugs
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous - so very beautiful - wow Ingrid - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love the blue and silver Ingrid - and the lovely pieces tacked on the bottom - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo beautiful!! Love the icy colors and all the gorgeous elements you mixed together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - what a fantastic wintry tag you've made Ingrid. It's AMAZING . . . and I LOVE it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Completely amazing Ingrid, such a stunning tag and so many clever techniques, brilliant results, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Ingrid! What a stunning tag! I love all the layers, shimmer and vintage vibe! What a work of art! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag Inka,very Christmassy and wonderfully made as usual. A real wintery vibe to it,can imagine this in santas grotto

    Big icy hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a stunning tag!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much EYE CANDY to be had, Ingrid! I love the silver theme and how you put all the elements together! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge! And thank you for stopping by my blog! Your support means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work! The silver and white is so elegant. Thank you for sharing your project with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh!! This is STUNNING!!! I love the silver and white with the touch of blue. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How gorgeous! Love all the beautiful details you created, Ingrid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely fabulous tag! Your colors, your layers, everything about this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so elegant, Ingrid! I love the hanging "charms" and the Merry Christmas really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! The gorgeous layers of blue and torn edges give a lovely soft effect! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning Ingrid. I adore all the details with delicate accents of glitter and soft shades of icy blue. As for the design of your hanging tag Its outstanding. Gorgeous project. Hope you win some challenges with this.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! That's a breathtaking tag, Ingrid! SO happy to have you on board!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is amazing!! Love everything that is going on here. The hanging pieces underneath the tag are amazing and all that glitter and silver is so pretty and perfect for a wintery project. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry I'm so late visiting you Ingrid. Life has gotten the better of me this last week. Never too late to drop in and tell you how gorgeous your tag is! Might be one of the most gorgeous tags that I have ever seen! Blue is my absolute fav and the complimenting silver is just to die for! There are so many wonderful elements here, that I think I will just issue one big giant WHOOP WHOOP!

    PS, I think a tutorial of how you made every inch of this tag would not be too much to ask...would it? Just kidding...I love it that much! Big hugs my creative friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous Ingrid, you have put so much work into this but it was definitely worth it. Love the colour scheme and all the detail.
    Thanks for visiting me and have a great crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a priceless and breathtaking wall art decoration, Ingrid!! Simply magnificent!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning tag, Ingrid! Love the frosty look with all the amazing details! The additional sections make this an over-the-top gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Getting the beautiful winter wonderland feeling with this tag, it's just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. HI Ingrid, this is a stunningly beautiful tag, love all the details.
    Congrats on your DT news in the newest post.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful tag!! I love the added hanging below, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning seems to be a small word to describe this beauty... I mean look at the details that went into making this piece... I can never ever come close to ur talent Ingrid... Sigh!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. So Fabulous!!! All that gorgeous texture and color -- well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow this is stunning, awesome tag.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is absolutely gorgeous Ingrid! I love how you've extended the tag this way. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ingrid, you were so kind to leave me a comment today... it brightened my morning! Thank you for that. :o) I'm delighted you enjoy my creations and am blessed to have you has one of my sweet followers. :o) Rather than enjoy your creativity in silence, I thought I'd leave you some love tonight!

    This tag is stunning! I absolutely appreciate all of those gorgeous details and elements you incorporated throughout. I am so eager to dabble into mixed media. I'm kinda scared, but once I gather some proper supplies I will give it a try. Masterpieces like this inspire me! The little shaker at the bottom is amazing in concept and I love that you filled it with stars. :o) Beautifully done!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.